Prospective Marriage Visa
The Prospective Marriage visa is often known as the ‘Fiance visa‘ or ‘Fiancee visa‘ and gives engaged couples time to plan for their wedding in Australia. The Prospective Marriage visa allows the applicant to enter and remain in Australia for a nine (9) month validity period from the date the visa is granted.
Within this nine (9) month period, the applicant and sponsor must be married to each other and then the applicant will need to apply for an onshore Partner visa to remain in Australia. During one of the most important events in your life, you would like to enjoy the celebrations rather than stress about your Prospective Marriage visa.
Contact Migration Agent Melbourne and let us take the stress out of this important process.
Prospective Marriage Visa – Visa Requirements
The sponsor will need to be one of the following:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- an eligible New Zealand citizen
The applicant must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be outside Australia when the visa application is applied for and granted
The sponsor and applicant must:
- show that since turning 18 years of age that the sponsor and applicant have met each other face to face
- demonstrate the relationship is genuine and continuing and there is a mutual commitment between the partners to the exclusion of all others
|Base Application Charge|
Additional Application Charge (18 and over)
Additional Application Charge (under 18)