Visitor visas allow overseas people to visit Australia temporarily for a holiday, sightseeing, social or recreational reasons or to visit friends and family. The Visitor visa is generally for short-term visits of 3 months, but in certain situations can be extended to a maximum of 12 months. The cost is very minimal compared to other Australian visas.
The main Visitor visas are:
The Visitor visa (subclass 600) has 4 streams, which are:
- Tourist stream: holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends
- Business Visitor stream: short business visit
- Sponsored Family stream: visit their family
- Approved Destination Status stream: organised tour groups from China
Visitor Visas – Visa Requirements
For the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) visa, the visitor:
- must hold a passport from one of the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong (SAR of China), Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Portugal, Republic of San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, The Netherlands, United Kingdom—British Citizen, United Kingdom—British National (Overseas), United States, Vatican City.
- be outside Australia when the visa application is applied for and granted
- can only apply to travel to Australia as a tourist with no work rights
For the Visitor visa, the visitor:
- Tourist stream: must show they are a genuine visitor
- Business Visitor stream: must have a business background, undertake an approved business activity and have good reasons for travelling to Australia
- Sponsored Family stream: must show they are a genuine visitor, be sponsored by an eligible relative and in some cases a security bond ($5,000 to $15,000) will be required
- Approved Destination Status stream: must be from China and the visa application must be through an agent registered with the Approved Destination Status scheme for travel to Australia as part of a tour group
Was your Visitor visa refused because of the ‘Genuine Entrant‘ test?
Contact Migration Agent Melbourne for professional, personalised immigration services. We may be able to assist you with your Visitor visa and help you meet the ‘Genuine Entrant’ requirement even after your first Visitor visa was refused.
|Electronic Transit Authority (ETA) visa
Base Application Charge
Internet Service Fee per applicant
Base Application Charge (Offshore)
Base Application Charge (Onshore)
Subsequent Application Charge (Onshore)