Migration Agent Melbourne
Migration Agent Melbourne (To Legal), is an immigration law firm.
Our office is conveniently located in the Blackburn South Shopping Precinct in the Melbourne Eastern Suburbs, however for those living in other areas of Melbourne, Migration Agent Melbourne can arrange meetings in Footscray.
Although based in Melbourne, we provide immigration and legal services to people from all over the world, regardless of whether they are located inside Melbourne or outside Melbourne.
With Immigration Scams prominent over the Internet, we believe that people should be able to verify that Migration Agent Melbourne (To Legal) was established and is operated by Jay To, who is a:
Migration Agent Melbourne provide a range of professional services to its clients, which include providing strategic and procedural immigration advice as well as administrative support. Migration Agent Melbourne is ‘results driven‘ and provide practical and meaningful advice in ‘plain English’ rather than ‘legal jargon’.
Our goal is to provide immigration services that assist our clients become comfortable and confident to proceed with their visa application and sponsorship. Therefore, Migration Agent Melbourne provide personalised, yet professional immigration services to increase client satisfaction.
With the use of today’s communications technology, remoteness is not a problem and Migration Agent Melbourne is ready to assist you with all your immigration needs.
Contact Migration Agent Melbourne for friendly, professional and cost effective immigration services.
- advise on Australian immigration and citizenship matters
- provide Department of Home Affairs forms, checklists and statutory declarations
- prepare, review and lodge your visa application and sponsorship
- act on your behalf with all communications to the Department of Home Affairs
A migration agent operating a business in Melbourne or across Australia must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (known as the 'Office of the MARA)'.
- Migration Agent: Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice (6 months full-time)
- Immigration Lawyer: Current Practising Certificate, Bachelor of Laws (3 years full-time)
- Migration Agent: No supervised training necessary
- Immigration Lawyer: Supervised training required
Drafting Legal Arguments
- Migration Agent: Quality of submission is dependent on experience
- Immigration Lawyer: Quality of legal arguments is based on legal qualifications, supervised training and experience
Legal Professional Privilege
- Migration Agent: Communications are not protected by legal privilege
- Immigration Lawyer: All communications are protected by legal privilege unless compelled by law
- Migration Agent: No legal advice permitted
- Immigration Lawyer: Able to provide legal advice depending on your circumstances and where outside the area of practice, will be able to identify possible legal issues and refer to the appropriate person
- is a current Melbourne immigration lawyer
- is a registered Melbourne migration agent
- completed a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Bachelor of Finance double degree
- was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria in December 2002
- has been a registered migration agent since June 2007
Note: Only about 25% of migration agents are actually Australian Legal Practitioners.
To illustrate this, in 2018 a registered migration agent with:
- MARN: 1655555 - has about 2 years experience (2016)
- MARN: 1455555 - has about 4 years experience (2014)
- MARN: 1255555 - has about 6 years experience (2012)
- MARN: 1055555 - has about 8 years experience (2010)
- MARN: 0855555 - has about 10 years experience (2008)
At Migration Agent Melbourne, our principal, Jay To
- has sound knowledge of Australian immigration laws, policies and practices
- acts professionally and in a timely manner
- abides by the Migration Agents' Code of Conduct
- holds professional indemnity insurance
- satisfied character tests (including criminal history checks)
A copy of the Migration Agents' Code of Conduct can be downloaded.